I've been thinking about how to answer this for a bit and I really don't know what to say anymore.
Maybe I'm being passive-aggressive by changing my blog address and in essence hiding my blog from people I don't want reading it anymore. In fact, I am very sure I am. It's just that some stuff happened yesterday that really really upset me. I have again come to realize that even though I consciously know that anything I write here is public domain, I am not the kind of person who can handle criticsm of my personal thoughts. I mean, what kind of person does that anyway?
When I started this thing, I never wanted to be one of those bloggers that had to get all pissy and remind my readers that they were in my personal space. However... the time has come... and I will only say this once so here goes...
My thoughts are mine, as is this blog. I can say whatever the hell I want here. If you don't like it, stop reading. Don't call me up and throw it in my face. That is crossing a line. It makes me feel not only like shit, but also violated at the same time. I thought this went without saying, but obviously it didn't.
If you are here, it's because I've given you my blog address, or you're one of those people who likes reading random blogs of people you don't know. It's not that what I write is priviledged information or even really that juicy, but if and when I should want to get serious about something for a second, I should be able to. If you have something to say (even of a negative nature), then you can exercise your mouse all over that "comment" link. It's not that I want it to be sunshine and puppy dogs in here all the time. I just want to be in control of whether it becomes an open discussion or not, and you can't do that when someone is in your face prying into something you "wrote on your blog". Have some respect people!
I've allowed the comment option because I love when you all leave me notes. If I didn't want any response, that comment function would be gone faster than you can blink. I just think that should I want to share something a little more personal, it does not open it up for conversation through all other aspects of my life and in all other venues.
10 May 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment