This is so awful! I guess I could look at this as a chance to save some money by going on a different trip, but we really had our hearts set on Costa Rica. Not only that, but specifically the Playa Conchal resort. I just know that no matter where we end up going, if it's not the Playa Conchal, we won't be entirely happy.
My friend who is a guru for vacation planning is going to help us find out if there's a way to book our flights and hotel separately so that we can still have essentially the same vacation. I tried looking for other flights but they aren't all that reasonable... one involves a 2 hour lay-over in Atlanta and makes our flight twice as long. *sigh*


4 comments:
to try and help out, here's a few different websites we have used to book packaged vacations:
Sell Off Vacations
Sky Auction
Sun Voyage
iTravel2000
The third one, SunVoyage something, we've got the best deal on. That was when we went to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. The name of the hotel was called Gran Flamenco, Punta Cana. It's owned by Occidental. I would recommend 100%: great food, beatiful beach and pools, perfect spot. I'm sure it's not Costa Rica, but...
Good luck!
oops, should have checked the links first. The one for sell off vacations doesn't work - try this instead.
Thanks James! I hope we can find something. We've already been to the Dominican (Puerto Plata) so we wanted something different for our honeymoon. I heard that Barbados and Aruba are out of the hurricane belt...
oh no! this stinks!
I hope you are able to find something else. Remember everything happens for a reason... it just wasn't meant to be because you are going to go to somewhere even more fantastic!
Post a Comment