25 July 2006

A corner office at 28

I'm getting my door on Friday! The new office is in the corner opposite to where I am now. Yesterday a guy dropped off a few plastic bins for me to put my stuff in, and on Friday morning they are coming by with a cart to move them down the hall for me. By Friday afternoon I should have my network connection installed and my phone line moved over.

I wish this was part of a promotion, but alas it is only due to the new hires that are arriving on Monday. I think I will still consider this a bit of a promotion... since it makes me feel good. For the first time since I started working here I will finally have a door. Not only that, but my office will be in the corner with a view of the atrium skylight so I'll have lots of sunlight. Even though my contract ends in Dec, leaving me only 5 months to enjoy this new office... I am hoping there is an inkling of a chance that they are going to keep me in some other capacity. It costs the company thousands of dollars to move an office, you know. Even if the pockets are deep here, I would think they'd just wait out my contract rather than move me.

A bit of wishful thinking never hurt anyone!

No comments: