There is a set of flights that leaves in the early morning but due to transfers won't get to CR until 6:30pm, which loses us the first half-day... and worse yet, those flights all leave at 7am on the last day so we lose the entire final day of our vacation for travel. Not cool.
There is another flight offered by Delta that leaves early and gets to CR at a reasonable time (11:30am) and leaves on the last day just before lunch, which is great... only... I haven't been able to find a price less than $955/pp and that is not good either since we have to find something for no more than $870 MAX to break even on what we had already spent on the package. Plus, we'd have to add land transportation between the resort and airport on top of that. That's definitely getting too pricey for us....
I think unless a new flight is offered to Liberia, we are surely sunk. I guess we'll have to try again someday in the future for an anniversary? Boo. Costa Rica just wasn't meant to be.
On the bright side, I think we have found something comparable to the Playa Conchal, but in (boring) Mexico. If we leave on the Monday following the wedding, it ends up being pretty much the same price as our Costa Rica package. Our plan is to wait a couple more days until the last-minute deals for Aug 27th are released and see what (if anything) changes. Maybe we can get an even better deal. Originally we were going to just wing it with a last-minute honeymoon deal anyway. Right now most sites are only listing up to Aug 19th.
The moral of this whole story boys and girls is that Air Canada sucks. They are slimy bastards that are out to ruin everyone's honeymoons (did I mention that they cancelled my friend's flight to Hawaii just before her honeymoon too?).



No comments:
Post a Comment