23 July 2006

Another busy weekend

Friday:

Drove to K/W to join my friends Karen and Barbara for a bachelorette/slumber party. Barb's husband was our man-slave for the night. He BBQ'd us dinner, brought us drinks, cued up our movies, set up the sundae station, then made us breakfast the next morning. It was great fun! He was a good sport. It has been a long time since the girls have gotten together. Now that we're all living in different cities it's hard these days to visit. Barb and Karen are amazing people and I was so touched that they would throw this party for me. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this giant tub of Vaseline though...

Saturday:

Drove back to Mississauga tired (from staying up drinking all night) and with a massive headache (again, the bottle was my culprit). I pretty much fell onto the bed and napped as soon as I got in the door. About 1.5 hours later I had to get up, shower and head out to Caledonia with Mike to visit our friends and their new baby. Scott and Kim joined us at Greg and Cari's with their little one as well, so it was babies all around. Babies are cute but a pain in the butt. I'm so not ready for one of those right now. Greg and Cari served a great dinner of cedar plank salmon, chicken and several different veggies. And wine. Lots of wine. Strangely, the wine settled my tummy from drinking the night before.

Sunday:

Slept in. Ahhh.... Then I woke up and dove head first into wedding stuff. We revised our programs, stepped out to the post office for a bit and then stopped at Spence to drop off my ring for sizing. A year ago I was a 5.5. Now I'm at 4.75. I will feel much better when I'm not dropping my ring off my finger while I do laundry or reaching for things. My finger is going to feel mighty naked for the next 10 days! After that, we made 130 favours and decided that was enough bow-tying for today. I glued some dowels into our card box and then relaxed with a bowl of PC blue label ice cream.

I'm almost looking forward to work tomorrow when I can take it easy again. ;)

No comments: