12 September 2006

Changes

I want to try out the new Blogger Beta because it sounds like it has some pretty cool features, namely, you can hide certain posts to only be viewable by your family and friends. This was the one thing I missed about LiveJournal when I moved over here. The only problem preventing me from migrating to the Beta version is that once you switch, you cannot switch back... and right now some things are still in the testing phase (duh... it's beta). Maybe my dear readers won't even notice when I switch but in the off chance that suddenly everything is radically different, I wanted to warn you all in advance. People don't like change. Or so it seems more often than not.

Me, I like change and without it I get bored.

Case in point: I would like to get a hair cut. I've been growing out my hair just long and cut straight across the bottom since the engagement. Now that the wedding is over I can feel free to experiment a little more. Those who have known me for a long time probably remember my tendency to chop off all my hair every once in a while. A hair cut is a safe change. It's instant and openly visible, but at the same time it can be undone (with a bit of effort).

Right now the hairdo I am entertaining is with bangs a la Rory Gilmore from last season (and probably this one too, but we won't know that until Sept 26th I guess).



What I fear is that my face is too round and/or my forehead isn't big enough to get away with a thick brush of hair across it. Thoughts? Also, the trenchcoat picture is probably what it would look like most days since I will be inevitably too lazy to put it up or blow it out in the morning and I inherited this bizzare sort of wavy hair thing from my mother (who has very short hair, probably for this reason).

If you think that either of these two changes is a gigantic mistake and will ruin me for eternity, speak now or forever hold your peace.

6 comments:

huhboy said...

Oh my, you may not know it (or Sharon may have told you) but I love Rory to death. Seriously. When I saw her pictures on your post, my heart I believe fluttered. To the point I don't think I even read what you wrote. Sorry.

I love Rory. I don't think I'm gay. Because I love Rory.

Jen(nnn) said...

Jason, we should have a Gilmore watching party on the 26th.

You think we can convince Mike and Sharon to sit through that with us?

huhboy said...

Oh I'm sure Sharon won't mind, since she introduced me to the show. I do worry, however, that my Man Status may be partially revoked, tainted, and docked a few points if I watch G-Squared in front of Mike and pretend to like it.

Unless I call it a sociological experiment on "the effects of television mother-daughter relationships on male viewers during the fledgling metrosexual era." Whatever that means.

But seriously, I'm not gay! I watch sports! Seriously!!!

Jen(nnn) said...

Admit it... You just came back to reply in order to look at Rory pictures some more. Haha. Mike says it's ok. He loves her too and he's not gay.

I think we might have cable hooked up on our movie room. Do you want to come over to watch GG on the big screen?

huhboy said...

Wait wait wait...you guys already moved into a house, ummm...already?

Rory on a big screen? You know, I'll consult with the boss first to see if she's available. And yes, I did go back to your page to see Rory. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrorrrrrrrrrry.

I think I may be obsessed.

Jen(nnn) said...

No no... we haven't moved yet. Our condo has a theatre room that we can book. I'll ask them if there's cable available on the big screen. I've only ever watched movies there so I'm not sure but I remember people in there once watching soccer.