First I had my informational interview with Diane about moving into the Medical Department. She was very helpful and gave me great insight on how to make my application stand out. I've got a list of things I need to do, but she was quite encouraging.
Then Mike and I spent some of the afternoon wandering around a wrecking yard in Milton looking for Suzuki door handles and VW antennae. We found a door handle but no antenna. So the Sidekick now has a working trunk latch, but my Golf will have to keep getting sketchy radio reception in the parking garage.
Oh, and then we went out with Walter and bought a house. The third time really is a charm.

If that wasn't good enough, gas was cheap on our way home from Walter's office. Score!
Now that it's past midnight, I think Mike and I should celebrate our 3 week anniversary with the last of our wedding cake.


6 comments:
Congrats! Score! Looks pretty! Everything is coming up Mikenifer! Always exciting...can't wait till Sharon and I get a house. Then we can worry about the mortgage like every other homeowner. Yay!
Congratulations!!!!! This is very exciting! This is so great! Where is it? When do you move?
-S
Jason, I'm going to share with you something Mike's mom told me last summer when we were talking about mortgages and financial planning:
"Don’t be afraid of the world of massive debt. Remember you have about 30 years to discharge it and then retire. You have about ten to twenty years to really enjoy your retirement then you are too old to enjoy it, then later you die. You can’t take it with you and you MUST let my grandchildren experience the same cycle. There, how is that for a philosophical statement?"
I don't know if that was supposed to be encouraging or sarcastic. :^|
Sharon, our closing date is Halloween. It's in Churchill Meadows... 9th Line & Brittania.
Ummm...I think that was more a statement about you two having "pink babies" (not "yellow" ones?). Oh and I think I sensed undertones of you having to realize you are going to die. I know, I'm quite the interpreter.
Besides, I'm not afraid of massive debt...I have someone to pay it off for me. Yay Sharon! Remember: her money is our money and my money is my money. Score!
You know Sharon reads this blog too, right?
Hahaha.
PS. Did you want to come over next Tuesday for GG?
Oh I'm quite aware. I'm just making sure she realizes it. In fact, I'm quite comfortable saying it now in public. As long as she is not beside me when I do.
As for GG, I'll see see. Ummm...that is, I'm on-call still next week and there may be the chance I have to go out during GG, which would definitely be tragic. We'll talk on Saturday at the wedding.
Post a Comment