After working late on a half-day Friday, and putting in several hours on Saturday to finish up the training module I was working on so that it would be done for my meeting with my manager on Monday, I was stood up.
My manager and I have a standing meeting every Monday morning to touch-base on the project and work on things together if need be. It's not like she could have forgotten. It was blocked off in her calendar.
But when I went to our meeting room yesterday morning, I walked past her office and noticed that her lights were off. I thought maybe she was coming in a bit late and would go straight to our meeting. I checked her calendar to make sure that she didn't have a conflict. Nope... nothing else blocked off except for my meeting. After waiting for 15 minutes and feeling like an idiot, I called her extension and found out through her voicemail that she is out of the office Monday and Tuesday. Well, that was courteous of her to let me know! There was no note on her door. There was no email request to reschedule the meeting. Plain and simple, she stood me up. Yet another way I am treated like a peon around here.
I sent her an email requesting that she counter my meeting request with a time this week that suits her better and attached my training module for her to review so that we can discuss it when we meet. I figured that since I spent so many extra hours working last week and this weekend, I would sit back and watch some Grey's Anatomy on my laptop. 4 episodes later I was only feeling slightly vindicated.
I really need to find a new job where I can feel even slightly useful and competent. Now that my contract is coming to an end, they really aren't holding back in treating me like crap. Lesson be learned.
In brighter news, we should be getting the keys to our new home today! We went for a site check yesterday and the previous owners are about as packed up as Mike and I are. I bet they were up all night just to be ready for the movers this afternoon. Then we went to meet with our lawyer, signed a million documents and handed over a big money order. We should be able to pick up our keys from the lawyer around 4:30 at the latest they said. Once that is done, maybe it will hit me as being real, and maybe it will bring me out of this funk that I've been in. For someone who sleeps as little as I do, I've been sleeping an awful lot lately.
31 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
eeeek so exciting about the new place!!!!
I'm sorry to hear about your work though that just sucks... :-(
work is for chumps.
you have a fantastic new place that is all for you and mike!
yee haw!
Post a Comment