02 October 2006

Weekend report: Sept 29 - Oct 1

Friday:

Mike and I spent the afternoon at the Toronto Fall Home Show. I think it's still a little too early to be attending these things since a) we haven't really figured out what we want to do to the house and b) we don't really have the budget for any major projects. The best part of the show for me, naturally, was the Food Network area and the samples that were being given out. We did see some neat furniture ideas and were very interested in the booth where they cover your existing counters with a thin granite/fibreglass combo. Not a lot of deals to be had at the show actually which was disappointing but we did buy 3 pkgs of Pita Break pitas for $5!

Saturday:

I must really be coming down with something because I actually managed to sleep in until 10 AM! We didn't do much all day and it was blissful. I don't think we left the house even once. Together we took a stab at writing out our thank you cards and we got about a third of the way through. Now if only we could get Dan off his butt and send us that disk with all our pictures, we could actually get some printed and include them with our cards. Hopefully he'll get something to us in the next couple of days or else the cards are going to have to go out without pictures since we want to cover at least the people we'll be seeing at Thanksgiving.

For dinner we made Bird On A Wire (chicken souvlaki) from my favourite cookbook, Eat Shrink & Be Merry. We usually do the chicken under the broiler but this time we trimmed our skewers and did it in the grill pan. I can't wait until we get our BBQ! Everything is going to taste so much better!

Sunday:

We did two loads of laundry, went to the Farmer's Market, and wandered around the mall trying to find a new dress for Jill's wedding, as I fear it will be too cold to wear the dress I was going to. Our trip to the mall left us empty handed except for the fruits & veggies we picked up at the market. For dinner we joined Joemanda and Dave for wings at Coopers. I will be forever sad if they ever discontinue the sweet chili flavour. As I suspected, the only person who noticed my new haircut (which I cut a week ago!) was Amanda. All week long I have been a little disappointed that no one has noticed the bangs that were not there before. It really does change the look of my face. I guess people don't really look at me? This is definitely true at work... but I figured someone at Jenn & Greg's wedding, or even Mike's parents would have said something. Oh well.

So it was a pretty chill weekend over all. Next weekend will be madness, so I guess it's a good thing we didn't over exert ourselves. I think I'm still almost sick however. I've got a raging headache this morning and a stiff neck/back. I've chased an Advil Liquigel with some herbal tea. Hopefully I can fend it off a while longer. It's October which means at the end of the month we'll have our keys! I can't wait!

No comments: