07 November 2006

Another kick in the pants

Yesterday my manager informed me that she is thinking of taking some vacation time before the company closes down for the holidays. In her words, since SHE won't be here, it doesn't make sense for ME to be here either. She basically wanted to know if I would be ok with ending my contract early, since to do so requires both of us to agree on an early-end date.

What is a girl supposed to say to that? She isn't really giving me a choice because if she stops giving me things to do then I shouldn't have anything to work on by then. What a rotten thing to do.

You would think that after 2 years of working here, common decency would dictate that she just give me that last week as a freebee. She knows we just bought a house. She knows that my contract is scheduled to end at the end of December, but since the company is closed between Christmas and New Years, I'd lose a week already anyway. Rotten rotten rotten.

*sigh*

Things will get better. They have to. (I feel like I've been saying that a lot lately.)

1 comment:

huhboy said...

Things will get better, keep your head up!