07 December 2006

Interview update

No time today for a lengthy blog, but I figured some of you might be wondering how my interview went yesterday. After a mixup with the HR lady I was supposed to meet, I ended up having my interview half an hour late and only wit the VP of Business Development, instead of the both of them. He was kind of odd... very up front... couldn't quite grasp the concept of co-op no matter how many times I explained that many of the jobs listed in my resume were short due to the nature of the co-op program. He also didn't agree with what I propsed for an asking salary, but I hope that we can discuss that futher and they can at least meet me half way. If not, well I am comfortable walking away since it's still too early in my job search to be accepting a pay cut (employee benefits aside) to commute twice as far.

I have also come to realize I am in desparate need of a business suit. My searches in the past have not gone well since the average limbs these days seem to have grown in length and are not meant for midgets like me. I must try again. And soon.

On my way home from my interview I was rear-ended by a minivan. I should have gotten the driver's name and address just in case, but I was a little flustered being fully stopped in a highway lane with traffic moving all around me. When I got out to check the damage, the van didn't appear to have done anything to my bumper, as all the dust was still settled on my car. Later in the driveway I looked again and it appears the van made contact lower than I expected and there is some slight scratching, but it's barely noticeable. Though I am kicking myself for not getting the driver's information, just because that's what you're supposed to do in an accident. Argh.

Got to go work on my year-end project review. I have to present it bright and early tomorrow morning b/c my director had to reschedule to an earlier date and I don't think it will be as polished as I would otherwise hope for.

2 comments:

Ferda said...

I hope they come to their senses and hire you on at the salary you want. I have my fingers crossed for you!

Jen(nnn) said...

Thanks Ferds! Me too... they want to test my skills in Excel first (wft?), but I think they are aiming to come to a decision fairly quickly.