16 May 2006

Always a Foodie

I think I have come to the conclusion that the mood of my day is directly related to the intensity with which I enjoy my lunch.

For example, yesterday I tried the new Chinese Chicken salad from my cafeteria salad station. Very disappointing. Firstly I asked for a small salad, but again the chef put it into a large salad container. So not only did I have to pay more for my salad, I got a very confusing explanation about how there are 3 sizes now - small, large and YHYW. After being made to feel very stupid, I sat down to enjoy my salad and it was extremely disappointing. It was like a bottle of soy sauce exploded over some vegtables, chicken and sesame seeds. Boo. It was all downhill after that. A guy at work sold me out to his boss by blaming me for not being able to use the information he supposedly gave me numerous times (I assume to save his own ass for being a general buttmunch). Then I came home to a very furious fiance (not furious at me, furious at the School Board) so I had to spend the rest of the night staying out of his way. The only good thing about yesterday was that I baked chocolate chip cookies with vanilla pudding in them and watched the season finale of Prison Break.

Today for lunch the cafeteria was serving my favourite salmon salad - sesame encrusted grilled salmon on mixed greens with organges, roasted red peppers and asparagus with balsamic dressing. So I hope that means today will be a much better day than yesterday!

No comments: